Few Days after ABC cancelled ’Last Man Standing’, Tim Allen gets GREAT news

255
0

According to Variety, Studio 20th Century Fox Television is looking for a new home for canceled Tim Allen comedy “Last Man Standing.”

Speaking to Variety Thursday, studio presidents Jonnie Davis and Howard Kurtzman said that they were surprised by ABC’s decision to pull the plug on the show.

“That’s the one that’s really an open sore right now,” Davis said. Kurtzman added, “We really were expecting a pickup. The fact that we didn’t get a pickup was a surprise and a disappointment. I think no one was more disappointed than Tim Allen, such a huge star with such a huge following.”

But the series, which was ABC’s second most-watched comedy last season behind “Modern Family,” may not be dead. Asked whether “Last Man Standing” would be shopped to other networks, Kurtzman said, “We’re starting to explore that. If it’s not going to go forward at ABC, of course Jonnie and I are hopeful that we can find another home for it.”

And the studio heads are encouraged by the fan support that they’ve seen for the show since ABC confirmed its cancellation last week. “We know how passionate our fans are, and we’re seeing that now,” Davis said.

Political and social conservatives have been vocal in their disappointment over the show’s end. Allen, its star and executive producer, is conservative and a supporter of President Trump.

ABC President Channing Dungey has denied that the show was cancelled for political reasons, stating it was a scheduling decision, but let’s be real, that was likely only a small piece of the equation.

Source:https://conservativepost.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here