The symptoms that accompany prostate cancer may not occur in the early stage of this dangerous disease. Unfortunately, most men notice the presence of prostate cancer once this disease starts spreading.
Regular checkups should be done every year so the cancer could be discovered in its early stage. In addition, you can also do self-examination.
The following is a list of 12 early symptoms of prostate cancer that men should not ignore:
- A frequent urge to urinate especially during the night
- Difficulty urinating, or trouble starting and stopping while urinating
- Weak stream of urine and changing the color of urine. You can also experience a tingling, although this might be an indicator of many other health problems.
- Blood in the sperm
- Blood in urine (hematuria)
- Unpleasant feeling in the beginning of the urination process or a feeling that you need to hold back a little bit when urinating.
- Pain and swellings that occurs in the hips, thighs and/or lower back
- Bone pain that doesn’t go away, or leads to fractures
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- Problems with ejaculation
- Burning or pain during urination
- According to WebMD, the symptoms mentioned above do not appear as a result of the cancer but as the result of blockage that occurs in the prostate. That is the reason why the cancer progression influences urination and sexual activity in men.These symptoms are not always linked with prostate cancer. Some of them may appear as a result of extended prostate or some urinary tract disease. It is important to visit a doctor in order to determine the diagnose.According to eMedicineHealth, as prostate cancer progresses, it can have similar symptoms as other types of tumors, such as: sudden weight loss, loss of appetite, nausea, leg swelling and exhaustion.
POTENT NATURAL REMEDIES
From eating healthy foods to adopting new lifestyle habits, there are a variety of ways men can heighten their health and reduce their risk of ever developing prostate cancer, naturally.
In James Howenstine’s book, A Physicians Guide to Natural Health Products That Work, studies showed that patients receiving selenium had a 67% decrease in cancer of the prostate, a 58% decrease in prostate of the colon or rectal cancer, and a 45% decrease in lung cancer.
Selenium is a powerful antioxidant that is found in brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, garlic, broccoli, and whole grains.
- Vitamin D
Receiving 10-15 minutes of golden rays from the sun is a powerful way to prevent prostate cancer.
According to a study mentioned in Mercola, men with higher levels of Vitamin D in their blood were half as likely to develop aggressive forms of the cancer as those with lower amounts. Appropriate sunshine exposure can prevent breast cancer, as well.
Vitamin D can be found in some vegetables and leafy greens, and in certain dairy products. Still, the best source is the sun.
- Cruciferous Vegetables
Recent studies have shown that broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts, and cabbage can inhibit prostate cancer.
These vegetables can be easily included into soups, salads, juices, stir-fry’s, and consumed on regular basis.
Consuming more Omega-3’s in the form of flax seeds can be incredibly beneficial. This dietary supplement contains omega-3 fatty acids, as well as compounds called lignans that modulate hormone metabolism, inhibit angiogenesis and fight free radicals.
It is recommended to consume a quarter cup of freshly ground flax every day.
- Green Tea
A cup of green tea in the morning can boost one’s health and contribute to a healthier flow. Laboratory research suggests that green tea catechins may inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
Drinking 200 mg of green tea three times per day offers this benefit.
Many studies indicate that consuming enough lycopene may help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
This substance can be found in tomatoes, raspberries, watermelonother and other red fruits and vegetables.
It is highly recommend to include cooked tomato products into your diet.